400 S. Akard, Dallas, Texas

 

This was the original Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, constructed in 1921 and expanded in 1936 and 1958.  The vacated building was purchased from the Federal Reserve in 1995 for possible conversion into office, hotel and residential uses.  Although subsequently sold before redevelopment, the conversion ideas and process proved beneficial in working on other properties.